The Daily Notable (Web Desk) Two Pakistani universities have made it to the top 100 schools of Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings for 2019.
Two Pakistani engineering Institutes have made it to the best 100 schools of Asia as per Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Asia University Rankings for 2019.
The National University of Science and Technology (NUST) and Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) managed to secure a spot on the rundown at number 87 and 95 individually.
23 other Pakistani Universities are among top 500 ranking. The two colleges have enhanced their rankings this year and are put in the main 100 universities in the QS list, which names around 500 varsities.
NUST scaled from 112 a year ago to 87 in the 2019 rankings, while LUMS, which was set at 103 a year ago, climbed to 95.
Last year NUST managed to break into the top 500 universities
A year ago NUST figured out how to break into the best 500 colleges in the world as ranked by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in its World University Rankings 2018.
Academic and employer reputation and the number of PhDs are some of the factors used to determine the list. The first and second spot went to universities from Singapore and Hong Kong.
QS is a British company which specializes in education and studying abroad.
The top 10 universities as ranked by QS are:
1) National University of Singapore
2) The University of Hong Kong
3) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
4) Tsinghua University, China
5) Peking University, China
6) Fudan University, China
7) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
8) KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, South Korea
9) The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
10) Seoul National University, South Korea